Have you ever heard of Gymnema Sylvestre? Well, not many people have. Gymnema is really quite a neat and interesting herb nicknamed “The Sugar Buster” You may wonder why it is called that and you are about to find out. Gymnema is a unique herb that assists in many sugar-related aspects of life. It does not add sugar, replace sugar or any of that. What Gymnema Sylvestre does is this:
- Regulates blood sugar levels
- Curbs your appetite for sweets things and goodies
- Helps maintain a healthy weight
- Helps maintain normal cholesterol levels
Ideal for people who have a sweet tooth, this interesting herb makes it easier to resist sugar cravings and ensure healthier life without the needs for something sugary and sweet.
We are pretty excited about this herb, so much so that we have added to our famous and high-quality Matcha Green Tea. Our Sugar Buster Matcha not only has the many benefits of Gymnema Sylvestre, but also the many health benefits of Matcha Green Tea.
Matcha Green Tea features many healthful qualities such as optimal heart health, cancer-fighting properties and blood detoxification. It also helps burn calories. Combined, Matcha Tea and Gymnema enables sugar to be absorbed in the intestine. This tea blend blocks the sugar taste so you do not crave it as much. Gymnema Sylvestre is very often used in the Ayurvedic (long life) community to help control Types I and II Diabetes. Matcha and Gymnema are also known to help regulate weight loss and cholesterol levels.
The National Institute of Health conducted a study showing that Gymnema can be a safe and effective weight-loss formula that helps reduce excess body weight and BMI (body mass index) while maintaining healthy levels of blood lipids. Source: NIH http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15056124
You can see, then, that our Sugar Buster Matcha works wonders for your body to maintain health and promote healthy weight and healthy living naturally. This is a wonderful combination tea you will love and it will help reduce that sweet tooth while offering many other health benefits.
- Matcha + Herbs
- Blood Sugar
- Weigh Loss
“The Sugar Destroyer” Matcha tea is high in nutrients and perfect for any occasion. It's beautiful bright
green color and wonderful taste make it great for every day of the week. Drinking it so often can make it somewhat boring after a while. To keep your Royal
Matcha tea exciting and always something you look forward to, let's explore some ways to prepare it.
As a hot tea, “The Sugar Destroyer” Matcha's penetrating smell and amazing flavor really come to life. To enjoy
“The Sugar Destroyer” Matcha as a hot tea:
- Bring your “The Sugar Destroyer” Matcha powder to room temperature [18°C (64°F) to 23°C (73°F)], and sift through a strainer.
- Scoop 1 ½ to 2 rounded teaspoons of sifted “The Sugar Destroyer” Matcha into a tea bowl or cup
- Add ¼ to 1/3 cup of hot, simmering water (this may be more or less diluted based on your preference).
- Briskly whisk your “The Sugar Destroyer” Matcha. As the Matcha begins to dissolve, move the whisk briskly back and forth as fast as you can in the middle of the bowl or cup. The whisk should be vertical and barely touching the bottom of the bowl or cup. Once your Matcha has developed a soft, light foam, slowly lift the whisk from the center of the bowl or cup.
- Enjoy your frothy, healthy cup of hot “The Sugar Destroyer” Matcha Gree tea!
Traditional with a chill:
- “The Sugar Destroyer” Matcha is excellent as a chilled or iced tea, perfect for hot summer days and when you're on the run. To prepare chilled or iced “The Sugar Destroyer” Matcha-
- Get a 16 oz water bottle or glass that accomodates 16 oz.
- Measure ¼ teaspoon (or more if you like) into the bottle or cup with 16 oz of cold water. If you've opened a new bottle, be sure to sip a little so you don't overfill it!
- Shake or stir vigorously to dissolve the “The Sugar Destroyer” Matcha powder.
- Drink immediately, pour over ice or refrigerate.
- If desired, add a sugar substitute or honey to sweeten it to y our liking.
Gymnema sylvestre is an herb native to the tropical areas of southern India. It has a two-thousand-year history as a treatment for diabetes. The herb is still under study as a symptom-reliever for Type II, as well as an eliminator of sugar cravings. Efficacy is still in the inconclusive stages. Red Leaf Tea aptly dubs this matcha blend "The Sugar Destroyer", given the reputation of this key ingredient.
I was pleased to see that the powder still looked like actual matcha. In some blends, key ingredients didn't pulverize properly along with the tea leaves. Strawberry seeds, for instance. Another issue - often - was the quality of the powder. This, however, looked like the normal, mid-grade Royal Matcha that Red Leaf put out.
In typical fashion, I prepared this as I would any normal matcha - 4 chashaku (bamboo spoon)-fuls of powder placed in a miso soup bowl, pre-whisked with cold water and a chasen (bamboo whisk), then poured over with 165F water, and whisked again for forty-five seconds.
After the vigorous whisking, the liquor frothed up to a mid-bubble but quickly dissipated. It was an even moss-green like the Royal Matcha should be. The aroma was also no different than regular matcha - grassy and slightly sweet. The taste was also pretty typical of the Royal except in the initial foretaste where there was a distinct herbal bite to it - a bit jarring. Other than that, it was fairly enjoyable.
Red Leaf Tea products are not meant to diagnose, treat or cure any disease or medical condition. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Please consult your doctor before starting ANY exercise or nutritional supplement program or before using these or any product during pregnancy or if you have a serious medical condition.
Furthermore, none of the statements in this web site should be construed as dispensing medical advice, making claims regarding the cure of diseases.
You should consult a licensed health care professional before starting any supplement, dietary program, especially if you are pregnant or have any preexisting injuries or medical conditions.