Sea Buckthorn Matcha – Feeling Vividly Alive
Sea buckthorn has its origins in the high Eastern hills of India, Russia and China. This hardy plant can also be credited for checking the soil erosion within the mountainous climate it is grown on. It also grows in great abundance and provides a steady source of revenue for its local farmers. Sea buckthorn has been well documented in Eastern folklore as having very many remedial benefits from past times as long ago as the 18th century.
Since it is high in acid, giving it a naturally tangy taste, blending it with light Matcha to form Sea Buckthorn Matcha gives drinkers an exotic tea that is rich in Eastern mystism and a deep vibrant aroma. It can make an excellent social drink that can be taken for any ordinary or special occasion. Furthermore, Sea Buckthorn Matcha is a very reliable vitality drink that is rich in antioxidants and has many other health boosting properties. These health benefits are;
- It is richer in vitamins C and E than many other traditional fruits. These essential vitamins are the stepping stones to a more robust auto immune system.
- It is an excellent replenishing drink for cancer victims undergoing chemotherapy. This is because it allows the quick rebuilding of the bone marrow during recovery.
- Sea Buckthorn Matcha is also excellent for those with obesity issues. It is known to reduce the consequent effects of heart disease.
- It can be used to treat most kinds of ulcers in the intestinal tract because it keeps them from getting inflamed.
- It is a protector of the liver especially for alcohol abusers who are in danger of getting liver cirrhosis.
- It is the perfect skin tonic for many skin diseases. It also has special properties that blend into the skin to fortify it.
Sea Buckthorn Matcha is a light tasty drink that provides the unique taste of the East in any social setting.
- Matcha + Fruits
Most people think that making Matcha the traditional way is not easy. However, this is far from the truth if you know the simple secret and techniques of making Matcha. Preparing and whisking Matcha to make it frothy on the surface can be a fun and wonderful experience when serving Matcha to yourself and a visual treat when serving it to your guests.
Here is the basic way to prepare a bowl of Matcha. Be sure to view the video as well to further assist you in whisking the perfect froth for your Matcha green tea. You may need a couple tries in the beginning to make a nice creamy froth but once you get the hang of it, the satisfaction of attaining perfection will bring you joy as you relax to enjoy a nice healthy and wholesome bowl of Matcha made just by you.
- Before adding hot water to Matcha, it is recommended that Matcha is sifted using a tea strainer or a sifter to avoid clumps of Matcha from forming in the tea.
- Place about two bamboo tea scoops (1/2 to 1 tsp.) of Matcha powder in the bowl.
- Add 2 to 3 oz. of pre-boiling water to the bowl (~180F / ~80C). Boiling water may not be the most suitable for Matcha because it does not bring out the best flavor and the natural mild sweetness of the tea.
- Using the bamboo whisk: whisk briskly with the motion of making the letter "M" or "W." Simply an up and down motion will do as well. The whisking brings oxygen into the tea to create a nice frothy layer on the surface with many air bubbles. (Optional) To remove the air bubbles, simply lift the whisk slightly and lightly stroke the surface of the froth a few times until air bubbles have completely disappeared. Using soft water is best for Matcha green tea and any other Japanese green teas.
- Depending on personal preference, add more water to adjust for desired taste.
Remember to add more water only AFTER whisking.
Three Key Points
- Amount of Matcha (two scoops or 1/2 to 1 tsp)
- Amount of water (starting with 2~3oz. water)
- Temperature of water (not boiling, approx. 180F/80C)
How to Maintain Freshness of Matcha
- Keep in the refrigerator or freezer
- Keep away from any moisture and direct contact to light
- Keep away from items with strong odor
Red Leaf Tea products are not meant to diagnose, treat or cure any disease or medical condition. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Please consult your doctor before starting ANY exercise or nutritional supplement program or before using these or any product during pregnancy or if you have a serious medical condition.
Furthermore, none of the statements in this web site should be construed as dispensing medical advice, making claims regarding the cure of diseases.
You should consult a licensed health care professional before starting any supplement, dietary program, especially if you are pregnant or have any preexisting injuries or medical conditions.