Lucuma powder comes from South America and especially the country of Peru. It has been used by the ancient civilizations of South America; in particular it has been a staple for the ancient Incas. The cream colored powder has a luxurious taste that borders on maple and makes it a fine treat for the whole family especially young children who have a love for all things sweet.
To add to the sweet taste of Lucuma, Matcha lends its velvety appeal. The resulting Lucuma Matcha makes an unforgettable beverage that can be taken with meals or in between meals as a delectable treat. Lucuma Matcha can also be taken for its myriad of health benefits such as;
- Adding to the carbohydrate intake in the diet especially in areas where carbohydrates are not easily obtainable.
- Boosting the natural fiber in the digestive system that allows for frequent and healthy bowel movements hence keeping digestive disorders like constipation at bay.
- Aiding in increasing the vitamin levels of the body by adding phosphorus, potassium, calcium, magnesium and sodium.
- Increasing the body’s storage of essential nutrients such as iron, beta carotene and niacin. These assist the immunity system and aid in improving the physical stamina.
- Reducing skin inflammations caused by trauma and ageing
- Healing of wounds by promoting closure and also allowing for faster regeneration of lost tissue.
Although Lucuma Matcha is naturally sweet, it does not pose any adverse effects on the levels of insulin in the blood. This makes it an excellent treat for diabetics and many other people with who have a persistent sweet tooth. Furthermore, unlike other sweet treats it does not add empty calories into the system.
Did you know? Lucuma is the most popular ice cream flavor in the Andes.
- Matcha + Fruits
Most people think that making Matcha the traditional way is not easy. However, this is far from the truth if you know the simple secret and techniques of making Matcha. Preparing and whisking Matcha to make it frothy on the surface can be a fun and wonderful experience when serving Matcha to yourself and a visual treat when serving it to your guests.
Here is the basic way to prepare a bowl of Matcha. Be sure to view the video as well to further assist you in whisking the perfect froth for your Matcha green tea. You may need a couple tries in the beginning to make a nice creamy froth but once you get the hang of it, the satisfaction of attaining perfection will bring you joy as you relax to enjoy a nice healthy and wholesome bowl of Matcha made just by you.
- Before adding hot water to Matcha, it is recommended that Matcha is sifted using a tea strainer or a sifter to avoid clumps of Matcha from forming in the tea.
- Place about two bamboo tea scoops (1/2 to 1 tsp.) of Matcha powder in the bowl.
- Add 2 to 3 oz. of pre-boiling water to the bowl (~180F / ~80C). Boiling water may not be the most suitable for Matcha because it does not bring out the best flavor and the natural mild sweetness of the tea.
- Using the bamboo whisk: whisk briskly with the motion of making the letter "M" or "W." Simply an up and down motion will do as well. The whisking brings oxygen into the tea to create a nice frothy layer on the surface with many air bubbles. (Optional) To remove the air bubbles, simply lift the whisk slightly and lightly stroke the surface of the froth a few times until air bubbles have completely disappeared. Using soft water is best for Matcha green tea and any other Japanese green teas.
- Depending on personal preference, add more water to adjust for desired taste.
Remember to add more water only AFTER whisking.
Three Key Points
- Amount of Matcha (two scoops or 1/2 to 1 tsp)
- Amount of water (starting with 2~3oz. water)
- Temperature of water (not boiling, approx. 180F/80C)
How to Maintain Freshness of Matcha
- Keep in the refrigerator or freezer
- Keep away from any moisture and direct contact to light
- Keep away from items with strong odor
Red Leaf Tea products are not meant to diagnose, treat or cure any disease or medical condition. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Please consult your doctor before starting ANY exercise or nutritional supplement program or before using these or any product during pregnancy or if you have a serious medical condition.
Furthermore, none of the statements in this web site should be construed as dispensing medical advice, making claims regarding the cure of diseases.
You should consult a licensed health care professional before starting any supplement, dietary program, especially if you are pregnant or have any preexisting injuries or medical conditions.