The well loved banana is grown in many types found in most tropical climates. The banana fruit is vanilla colored and in its powder forms gives it the sweet enriching taste that bananas are well respected for. Adding Matcha to banana powder can give it an interesting twist and a flavor that is sweet light and out of this world.
Banana Matcha makes a truly nutritious drink with its lingering deep taste and imperceptible smell. This special beverage can be taken as both a hot or cold drink depending on the occasion. It can also be taken as an aperitif or with food at meal times. Furthermore, Banana Matcha provides its delighted drinkers with health benefits that linger as long as the drink is taken. These include;
- Adding the necessary fiber to aid the body in proper bowel movement.
- Adding vitamin C, B6, manganese and potassium.
- Aiding body organs like the heart in its blood pumping activities.
- Keeping the nervous system in ticking order by enhancing proper muscle contraction and movement.
- Helping the kidneys flush toxins from the body.
- Retaining calcium in the bones for fortified bone mass and reducing the risk of developing bone disorders.
- Assuring that the blood has a regular supply of hemoglobin to keep it oxygenated.
- Ensuring that the body has an adequate supply of antibodies to help it fight diseases.
- Keeping blood sugar levels at optimum by ensuring carbohydrates are broken down into glucose.
- Delaying the development of type 2 diabetes.
- Keeping the temperament and mood stable by ensuring the production of mood-boosting serotonin in the body.
- Excellent for boosting the stool of growing children and encouraging bowel movements thus keeping constipation and diarrhea at bay.
- Matcha + Fruits
Most people think that making Matcha the traditional way is not easy. However, this is far from the truth if you know the simple secret and techniques of making Matcha. Preparing and whisking Matcha to make it frothy on the surface can be a fun and wonderful experience when serving Matcha to yourself and a visual treat when serving it to your guests.
Here is the basic way to prepare a bowl of Matcha. Be sure to view the video as well to further assist you in whisking the perfect froth for your Matcha green tea. You may need a couple tries in the beginning to make a nice creamy froth but once you get the hang of it, the satisfaction of attaining perfection will bring you joy as you relax to enjoy a nice healthy and wholesome bowl of Matcha made just by you.
- Before adding hot water to Matcha, it is recommended that Matcha is sifted using a tea strainer or a sifter to avoid clumps of Matcha from forming in the tea.
- Place about two bamboo tea scoops (1/2 to 1 tsp.) of Matcha powder in the bowl.
- Add 2 to 3 oz. of pre-boiling water to the bowl (~180F / ~80C). Boiling water may not be the most suitable for Matcha because it does not bring out the best flavor and the natural mild sweetness of the tea.
- Using the bamboo whisk: whisk briskly with the motion of making the letter "M" or "W." Simply an up and down motion will do as well. The whisking brings oxygen into the tea to create a nice frothy layer on the surface with many air bubbles. (Optional) To remove the air bubbles, simply lift the whisk slightly and lightly stroke the surface of the froth a few times until air bubbles have completely disappeared. Using soft water is best for Matcha green tea and any other Japanese green teas.
- Depending on personal preference, add more water to adjust for desired taste.
Remember to add more water only AFTER whisking.
Three Key Points
- Amount of Matcha (two scoops or 1/2 to 1 tsp)
- Amount of water (starting with 2~3oz. water)
- Temperature of water (not boiling, approx. 180F/80C)
How to Maintain Freshness of Matcha
- Keep in the refrigerator or freezer
- Keep away from any moisture and direct contact to light
- Keep away from items with strong odor
Red Leaf Tea products are not meant to diagnose, treat or cure any disease or medical condition. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Please consult your doctor before starting ANY exercise or nutritional supplement program or before using these or any product during pregnancy or if you have a serious medical condition.
Furthermore, none of the statements in this web site should be construed as dispensing medical advice, making claims regarding the cure of diseases.
You should consult a licensed health care professional before starting any supplement, dietary program, especially if you are pregnant or have any preexisting injuries or medical conditions.