Ashwagandha Root powder has its origins in India where it has been used and respected in the world of Ayurvedic medicine. The powder has a beige color and possesses a hint of caramel with a slightly bitter after taste. Despite this, Ashwagandha root is used widely for its medicinal and health boosting benefits.
To lend to the flavor of the East and add to its delectable mix, Japanese Matcha blends wonderfully to make a tea that has an appealing full bodied taste that can match most other exotic beverages in any social setting. Ashwagandha root Matcha can be taken for its appetizing appeal and also for its wide range of unforgettable health benefits.
- It can boost the immunity system especially after it has been weakened by disease.
- It reduces inflammations caused by trauma to the body.
- It is known to improve memory, learning and natural vitality and this makes it ideal for school going children and young adults.
- It is a natural relaxant in our current high stressed world where majority of the people are stressed or depressed.
- Its aphrodisiac properties make it good for couples who wish to start families because it enhances the reproductive systems as well as the libido.
- It contains natural steroids, amino acids, sugars, fatty acids, choline and alkaloids which add to the body’s dietary deficiencies.
- It controls insulin levels in the blood.
- It helps in weight control because it lowers cholesterol.
- It slows down the effects of aging like Alzheimer’s which cause cells in the brain to deteriorate.
- It prevents the spread of malaria in the body and this makes it an excellent ant-malarial drink in the tropics.
- It keeps the adrenal glands in perpetual good shape in readiness for fight or flight when required.
- Matcha + Herbs
- Immune System
- Blood Sugar
- Sex Drive
Most people think that making Matcha the traditional way is not easy. However, this is far from the truth if you know the simple secret and techniques of making Matcha. Preparing and whisking Matcha to make it frothy on the surface can be a fun and wonderful experience when serving Matcha to yourself and a visual treat when serving it to your guests.
Here is the basic way to prepare a bowl of Matcha. Be sure to view the video as well to further assist you in whisking the perfect froth for your Matcha green tea. You may need a couple tries in the beginning to make a nice creamy froth but once you get the hang of it, the satisfaction of attaining perfection will bring you joy as you relax to enjoy a nice healthy and wholesome bowl of Matcha made just by you.
- Before adding hot water to Matcha, it is recommended that Matcha is sifted using a tea strainer or a sifter to avoid clumps of Matcha from forming in the tea.
- Place about two bamboo tea scoops (1/2 to 1 tsp.) of Matcha powder in the bowl.
- Add 2 to 3 oz. of pre-boiling water to the bowl (~180F / ~80C). Boiling water may not be the most suitable for Matcha because it does not bring out the best flavor and the natural mild sweetness of the tea.
- Using the bamboo whisk: whisk briskly with the motion of making the letter "M" or "W." Simply an up and down motion will do as well. The whisking brings oxygen into the tea to create a nice frothy layer on the surface with many air bubbles. (Optional) To remove the air bubbles, simply lift the whisk slightly and lightly stroke the surface of the froth a few times until air bubbles have completely disappeared. Using soft water is best for Matcha green tea and any other Japanese green teas.
- Depending on personal preference, add more water to adjust for desired taste.
Remember to add more water only AFTER whisking.
Three Key Points
- Amount of Matcha (two scoops or 1/2 to 1 tsp)
- Amount of water (starting with 2~3oz. water)
- Temperature of water (not boiling, approx. 180F/80C)
How to Maintain Freshness of Matcha
- Keep in the refrigerator or freezer
- Keep away from any moisture and direct contact to light
- Keep away from items with strong odor
Red Leaf Tea products are not meant to diagnose, treat or cure any disease or medical condition. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Please consult your doctor before starting ANY exercise or nutritional supplement program or before using these or any product during pregnancy or if you have a serious medical condition.
Furthermore, none of the statements in this web site should be construed as dispensing medical advice, making claims regarding the cure of diseases.
You should consult a licensed health care professional before starting any supplement, dietary program, especially if you are pregnant or have any preexisting injuries or medical conditions.